2023-2024 Year-Round Programs
Throughout the year, we host a variety of family camps and youth programs for all ages. These special experiences show off the joy of camp, fun activities, new connections, and learning. We love welcoming our camp community to GFC year-round and we look forward to having you join us.
Fall Camp at GFC is back! Join us October 27-29, 2023 for a weekend filled with your favorite camp activities.
October 27-29, 2023
Fall Camp is an immersive weekend at camp for new or returning 1st-8th graders. We will have buses available from Houston, San Antonio, Austin, and Dallas to and from GFC for this event. Join together for Shabbat dinner and song session, spend time with friends, explore activities around camp, and more! For more information or to ask questions, please reach out directly to Shira Karp, at SKarp@urj.org.
We invite the entire family to join us for Fall Family Camp, November 10-12, 2023. Registration opening soon!
November 10-12, 2023
Fall Family Camp is a whole-family event for families with children camp-aged or younger. We will have a JFAM track for early childhood aged families, as well as camp activities for older children! We are excited to welcome Jewish bluegrass band Nefesh Mountain back to Bruceville to join us for this immersive weekend event. This is a chance to be together as a family, enjoy activities planned just for you, and meet new friends. Relax, have fun, and spend quality time together while learning what GFC is all about. For questions, please reach out directly to our Family Camp Coordinator, Valerie Klein, at VKlein@urj.org.
Year-Round Program Scholarship Information
URJ Greene Family Camp is pleased to offer partial, need-based financial support to help families and children attend year-round programs.
A significant portion of the assistance we provide is made possible through the generosity of former campers, parents, partner organizations, and friends of GFC. We are extremely grateful for their support and commitment to making camp accessible for families throughout Texas and Oklahoma.
Scholarship form for Participants and their families:
- Families/Campers MUST register for an event before scholarship funds can be determined.
- Please email email@example.com if you are applying for scholarship funds. GFC will not process registration payments until after scholarship funds have been applied to your account.
- For each child/participant for Spring Camp, you must have a separate scholarship application. The Family Camp application is for all members of a family.
- Scholarship applications are accepted on a first-come, first-served, rolling basis.
- Our team works directly with your congregation (if applicable) to create a scholarship package that meets your needs.
- All scholarship applicants must submit their scholarship application and complete their registration at least one month prior to events.
- After submitting a scholarship application, families will be contacted by a GFC full time staff member regarding their scholarship award.
Youth Advisors, Clergy or staff awarding scholarship on behalf of their congregation should e-mail scholarship information to firstname.lastname@example.org with participant, event, and scholarship amount information.
Year-Round COVID-19 Policies
We strongly urge and ask that all members of the community have the COVID-19 primary vaccination series also receive the COVID-19 Bivalent Booster,
which has been available in the US since September 2, 2022, for people ages 12+ and since October 12, 2022,
for children 5-11 years old.
Year-Round Cancellation & Refund Policy
If you need to cancel, the registration fees you paid will be refunded or credited as follows:
Cancellation up to 30 days prior to event date – 90% of fees are refundable.
Between 29 days and 14 days prior to event date – 50% of fees are refundable.
Within 13 days of an event, we will not be able to issue any refunds for cancellations unless there is a documented medical emergency.
If you have a documented medical emergency and must cancel within 13 days of an event, you will be refunded 75% of the fees you paid.
All cancellations must be in writing. We will only accept cancellations by email to email@example.com. Please allow up to three weeks after the conclusion of the event for your refund or credit to be processed.