2023-2024 Year-Round Programs
Throughout the year, we host a variety of family camps and youth programs for all ages. These special experiences show off the joy of camp, fun activities, new connections, and learning. We love welcoming our camp community to GFC year-round and we look forward to having you join us.
Join us for NFTY TOR’s winTOR Kallah February 9-11, 2024! Open to all 8th – 12th graders in the Texas/Oklahoma region.
February 9-11, 2024
For over eighty years, NFTY – The Reform Jewish Youth Movement, has offered thousands of young people the opportunity to explore and live Reform Judaism through teen-powered weekends and engaging social justice ventures.
TOR is the Texas and Oklahoma region of NFTY. We hope you will join us for our first in-person event of the year- a very groovy win-TOR Kallah!
Bring the entire family to join us for GFC JFAM Winter Family Camp, February 9-11, 2024. This event is for all ages!
February 9-11, 2024
GFC JFAM Winter Family Camp is a whole-family event for families with children camp-aged or younger. Powered by JFAM, through the Foundation for Jewish Camp, we are able to offer 50% off your total tuition for first-time attendees with a child 8-years-old or younger. We are excited to partner with PJ Library for this immersive weekend event. This is a chance to be together as a family, enjoy activities planned just for you, and meet new friends. Relax, have fun, and spend quality time together while learning what Jewish camping is all about. For questions, please reach out directly to our Family Camp Coordinator, Valerie Klein, at VKlein@urj.org.
Year-Round Program Scholarship Information
URJ Greene Family Camp is pleased to offer partial, need-based financial support to help families and children attend year-round programs.
A significant portion of the assistance we provide is made possible through the generosity of former campers, parents, partner organizations, and friends of GFC. We are extremely grateful for their support and commitment to making camp accessible for families throughout Texas and Oklahoma.
Scholarship form for Participants and their families:
- Families/Campers MUST register for an event before scholarship funds can be determined.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are applying for scholarship funds. GFC will not process registration payments until after scholarship funds have been applied to your account.
- For each child/participant for Spring Camp, you must have a separate scholarship application. The Family Camp application is for all members of a family.
- Scholarship applications are accepted on a first-come, first-served, rolling basis.
- Our team works directly with your congregation (if applicable) to create a scholarship package that meets your needs.
- All scholarship applicants must submit their scholarship application and complete their registration at least one month prior to events.
- After submitting a scholarship application, families will be contacted by a GFC full time staff member regarding their scholarship award.
Youth Advisors, Clergy or staff awarding scholarship on behalf of their congregation should e-mail scholarship information to email@example.com with participant, event, and scholarship amount information.
Year-Round COVID-19 Policies
We strongly urge and ask that all members of the community have the COVID-19 primary vaccination series also receive the COVID-19 Bivalent Booster,
which has been available in the US since September 2, 2022, for people ages 12+ and since October 12, 2022,
for children 5-11 years old.
Year-Round Cancellation & Refund Policy
If you need to cancel, the registration fees you paid will be refunded or credited as follows:
Cancellation up to 30 days prior to event date – 90% of fees are refundable.
Between 29 days and 14 days prior to event date – 50% of fees are refundable.
Within 13 days of an event, we will not be able to issue any refunds for cancellations unless there is a documented medical emergency.
If you have a documented medical emergency and must cancel within 13 days of an event, you will be refunded 75% of the fees you paid.
All cancellations must be in writing. We will only accept cancellations by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow up to three weeks after the conclusion of the event for your refund or credit to be processed.