The end of the summer can bring many mixed emotions for campers. While they will be so happy to be back with their families, they will also miss their friends, counselors, and life at camp. As for parents— we know you can’t wait to hear all about your child’s amazing experiences!
Before the summer started, we sent you a packing list and other information to help you prepare your child for camp. Now that the session is nearly over, we wanted to provide you with this “unpacking list,” of questions to help you encourage your camper to “unpack” the wonderful experience they’ve had at GFC.
We hope asking some of these questions will help you see a glimpse of what camp is like through your child’s eyes:
1. What was your favorite thing to eat at camp? Did you try any new foods?
2. What is your favorite song from song session? Can you sing it? Does it have any fun hand motions?
3. What was the funniest thing your counselors did during the summer?
4. What was the best/funniest/weirdest/most interesting day on your bunk’s calendar?
5. Why is Shabbat at camp special for you? Did your bunk do anything special to mark it?
6. Tell me about your favorite camp friends! What are some things you all have in common?
7. What is something new you learned this summer?
8. Did you or anyone in your cabin perform in the Variety Show?
9. Did you climb the tower, work out in the gym, or play with any new lake toys?
10. Tell me about a moment when you felt like a good friend.